Dear Chamber630 Friends,
At the February 23rd meeting of the Chamber630 Board of Directors, we regretfully accepted the resignation of our longtime President & CEO, Laura Crawford. The moment was both bittersweet and filled with gratitude for her 16 years of exceptional leadership and service. Her contributions to this chamber are far too numerous to mention here and though we wish her well in her well-deserved retirement, she will be deeply missed by all who had the good fortune to know her. We look forward to celebrating Laura over these next three months; please join us at any and all chamber events as Laura’s last day with the chamber will be June 30, 2023!
And now we must begin the task of finding our next President & CEO; please share this posting with any qualified candidates.
Thank you for your membership,
Karyn M. Charvat
2022-2023 Chairman of the Board
Chamber630 is one of the largest business organizations in DuPage County, covering the Villages of Downers Grove and Woodridge with Members located in more than 50 different zip codes. Its mission is to serve its members by providing and protecting economic opportunities essential to a successful enterprise. The vision of Chamber630 is to be the best chamber of commerce. Its pillars are to provide marketing venues for Members, legislative advocacy, workforce education development and a connection to the residential and business communities of Central DuPage County.
Chamber630 is an engaged Member of the US Chamber of Commerce, American Chamber of Commerce Executives, IL Chamber of Commerce and Illinois Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives West Suburban Chamber of Commerce Executives and Innovation DuPage and operates the 630 Workforce Education Foundation.
The President & CEO provides strategic direction, vision, and management for the programs and personnel of Chamber630 and the 630 Workforce Education Foundation. He/she demonstrates expertise in strategic planning, member sales and services, program management, public policy, nonprofit governance and operations, finance and accounting, public speaking, and fundraising. He/she has full responsibility for profit and loss, fiscal stability, and compliance. He/she will be a dynamic leader with the ability to manage current programs while developing new initiatives and partnerships with other business and community organizations to achieve goals and objectives.
The President & CEO reports to the Board of Directors in accordance with the by-laws, and on a regular basis to the Executive Board of Directors. All staff report to the President & CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strategic vision with extensive and nuanced skills to drive change, fulfill the mission, and achieve operational objectives.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Broad knowledge of industry acumen, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- Strong understanding of the political landscape and ability to collaborate effectively with civic leadership and partner organizations.
- Demonstrated skills in human resource development, team building, and performance management.
- Adept at coalition building, relationship management, and negotiating agreements.
- Exceptional communication skills both in writing and orally with a variety of constituents including members, potential members, elected officials, outside organizations, media outlets, and the Board of Directors.
- High standards of integrity, work ethic, trustworthiness, and personal responsibility.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: At the direction of the Board, the President & CEO creates and implements the strategic plan for the Chamber.
- Operational Oversight: Develops and oversees implementation of the annual budget and marketing initiatives.
- Member Services and Sales: The President & CEO is responsible for the overall performance of the Chamber’s membership activities including membership acquisition, stewardship, and retention.
- Advocacy: The President & CEO advocates for policies and environments that protect and improve economic opportunities for Chamber members and, when requested, participates in governmental and non-governmental boards and committees as part of Chamber630’s advocacy programs.
All interested parties should send their resume to Board@Chamber630.com by April 15th, 2023.