At first glance, scuba diving may seem a surprising therapy for people with severe cognitive and physical disorders. But as Jim Elliott, founder of the non-profit Diveheart knows, diving can be a potent treatment. Participants find they not only experience freedom from the obstacles they face on land, but also relief from chronic pain, increased mobility, and most importantly, a boost in self-esteem.
- Community High School District 99 to Host Job Fair on November 3
- West Suburban Community Pantry seeks Additional Volunteers as Holiday Season Approaches
- Federal panel tosses Illinois’ initial Democratic state legislative map and will consider alternatives to revised plan
- Free Flu Vaccine Vouchers for Low Income, Uninsured, DuPage County Residents.
- Meson Sabika Providing 3000 Complimentary Meals to Those in Need.