The Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club (DGJWC) announced today they will be awarding a $10,000 grant in support of a local charity project(s). Local Not-For-Profits throughout Downers Grove and the broader DuPage County are welcome to apply. Applications for the grant can be found online here.
“As the Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club approaches our 60th anniversary celebration, we are thrilled to support a deserving local charity that shares our mission to give back to members of the community in need,” says President Erin Kolschowsky. “The Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club knows that it ‘takes a village’ and we are so grateful for our dedicated members, generous corporate partners and supportive community.”
The grant application will be available beginning Friday, August 17, 2018. The deadline is Friday, September 28, 2018 upon which three finalists will be selected and asked to present at the DGJWC General Meeting on Tuesday, October 23, 2018. The $10,000 grant will be awarded during the Tuesday, November 27, 2018 DGJWC General Meeting.
The grant application can be found on the Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club website here. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
● Non-profit status under the Internal Revenue Service code
● Organization must demonstrate sound responsible financial policies and management
● Organization must act locally and grant must support a local project/initiative (within DuPage County)
● The grant must support a project that provides a service not readily available elsewhere
● The grant addresses a significant funding gap or critical opportunity for which fundraising dollars can provide the greatest long-term impact with measurable results
Applicants will be judged on a variety of criteria including the relativity of the project to the mission of the Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club, which is, service towards women, children and/or families in need within the community. Other considerations include, but are not limited to, the applicant organization’s ability to partner with the Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club on potential hands-on projects, the
location of the organization, the longevity of the organization, and testimonial(s) from clients or beneficiaries of the organization’s service efforts.