The Honorable Bruce Rauner
Governor of the State of Illinois
207 State House
Springfield, Illinois 62706
Dear Governor Rauner:
On behalf of the Board of Directors and members of Chamber630, please find a resolution of support for The Illinois Turnaround Agenda, attached. Chamber630 has a membership of 700 businesses that holds a presence in Downers Grove and Woodridge with a membership that spans three counties and 47 municipalities.
Chamber630 recognizes that the status quo is not sustainable and advocate for efforts that will return the State of Illinois back to a competitive and economic powerhouse that will produce jobs, education reform, trust in government as well as a reason for business, workers and our children to stay in Illinois.
The Resolution is directly correlated to the Chamber630 Legislative Platform (see below) indicating Chamber630 advocates for:
- Competitive and fair tax codes that encourage entrepreneurship and investment, essential to the economic health of our region.
- Government, fiscal, insurance and employment policies that make Illinois and the region more competitive.
- Improvements to our region’s transportations network.
- A competitive workforce environment.
- Economic development and entrepreneurship in the region.
- An education system that produces and sustains a qualified workforce that maintains high expectations, standards and accountability.
- Transformation of the civil justice system.
- Incentives for investing in research, development and technology.
- Spirit of environmental laws and the balance of those laws with social and economic realities.
Chamber630 applauds your efforts and appreciates your support of our business community. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like further information.
President & CEO
Cc: Board of Directors, Senator Christine Radogno, Representative Ron Sandack