North High celebrates its 2018 Homecoming Week beginning Monday, September 24 through Saturday, September 29. The community is invited to attend the Homecoming Parade and Homecoming Football game on Friday, September 28.
“Homecoming is an exciting time in our community to celebrate our school pride and welcome back our alumni,” North High Principal Janice Schwarze said. “Also, we look forward to recognizing three alums with the 2018 Alumni Award of Excellence – these honorees will each share an inspiring message reflecting on their professional experiences with our students.”
Friday, September 28
- 3:15 p.m.
- NEW Route: Begins at the corner of Prince Street and Grant: South on Prince to Chicago Ave, West on Chicago Avenue to Linscott Ave, North on Linscott to Grant, ending at Grant and Saratoga. Click here to view map.
- FREE for all community members!
Homecoming Football Game vs. Oak Park
- 7:30 p.m., Sophomore game at 5 p.m.
- Location: DGN Stadium
- Tickets: $4 adults, $3 students (kindergarten and up), Seniors 65 and over FREE, District 99 students with ID FREE, District 99 students without their ID pay $3
2018 Alumni Award of Excellence Honorees
The Alumni Award of Excellence program was designed to recognize graduates of North High who have contributed in an exceptional manner to society, whether in the areas of science, government, community, humanitarianism, athletics or fine arts. This highest of alumni awards recognizes those who have exhibited outstanding leadership, character and service. The 2018 Alumni Award of Excellence honorees include:
- Staff Sergeant Kristin Bowers USMC, Professional Clarinetist, Class of 2002
- Dr. Christine Todd, Doctor and Humanitarian, Class of 1985
- Dr. Thomas Wascher, Neurosurgeon, Class of 1977