State Representative David S. Olsen (R-Downers Grove) is joining several DuPage Republican lawmakers to assist Loaves & Fishes with the collection of personal care items during the month of September.
Loaves & Fishes is a not-for-profit food pantry that feeds up to 800 DuPage County families per week. At Loaves & Fishes, families in need can visit the pantry and shop for free in a grocery store-like setting. According to Loaves & Fishes President and CEO Mike Havala, the pantry is experiencing a shortage of personal care items to supplement the food staples families need.
“We are very grateful to the DuPage County Representatives and Senators for their collection of personal care items,” said Havala. “Having these essential items offers added dignity to struggling families and individuals.”
Items in short supply right now include diapers and wipes, laundry detergent, toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste and household cleaning products.
“Hundreds of DuPage County families relay on Loaves & Fishes each week to help them put food on their table and to provide other essentials,” said Olsen. “Unfortunately, this time of year the pantry tends to run low on personal care items that are also important to families. It’s a pleasure to partner with several of my House and Senate colleagues to help replenish Loaves & Fishes’ supply of personal care items.”
Those who wish to donate may drop items off at the following legislative offices:
- State Rep. Peter Breen- 929 S. Main St. Suite 105A, Lombard, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm M-F
- State Senator Michael Connelly- 552 S. Washington St., Suite 104, Naperville, 8:00 am to 5:00pm M-F
- State Senator John Curran- 7501 South Lemont Road, Suite 315, Woodridge, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm M-F (please call prior to drop off)
- State Rep. Jim Durkin- 16W281 83rd St. Burr Ridge, 8:30am to 5:00 pm M-F
- State Rep. Deanne Mazzochi- 1 S. Cass Avenue, Suite 205, Westmont, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm M-F
- State Senator Jim Oberweis- 959 Oak Street, North Aurora, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm M-Th, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm F
- State Rep David Olsen- 633 Rogers Street, Suite 108, Downers Grove, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm M-F (please call prior to drop off)
- State Rep. Grant Wehrli- 55 S. Main Street, Suite 383, Naperville, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm M-Th
- State Rep. Christine Winger- One Tiffany Pointe, Suite G3, Bloomingdale, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm M-F