Students with disabilities and their families are invited to Options Fair 2022 to learn about opportunities available after high school. The event will be held on Monday, October 17, 2022 from 6-8 p.m. at South High School in Downers Grove, located at 1436 Norfolk Street Downers Grove, IL 60516. The event is offered to the public free of charge and no pre-registration is required.
In its sixth year with over 500 participants attending annually, the Options Fair is returning to an in person, live format this year. The Options Fair offers students with special needs and their families the opportunity to meet with colleges, universities, adult services agencies, and other organizations.
Sponsored through the collaborative effort of 23 high schools in the west Cook and DuPage county area, this year’s fair will feature over 70 vendors representing colleges/universities, college certificate programs, college experience programs, careers in the trades, and agencies providing services to youth and adults with special needs. Learn more about:
- College degree programs with information regarding admissions and accommodations.
- College experience programs for those interested in continuing their education formally after high school with a focus of developing vocational, social, independent living and academic skills for employment and beyond.
- Adult agencies/services that will provide insight about accessing state funding and services, obtaining government benefits, guardianship, long-term financial planning, day programs and more.
The following presentations are also planned to round out the evening:
- 6:10-7 pm College Experience Panel
- 6:45-7:15 pm Understanding the Alphabet Soup of Government Benefits
- 7-7:50 pm College accommodations ADA vs. IDEA
More information is available on the Options Fair website https://optionsfair.org/