Chamber630 is a results oriented organization, proactively assessing Members’ needs, collaborating and resolving issues impacting Member businesses. Chamber630 seeks to influence legislation and regulation by local, state and federal governments in a proactive manner, supporting legislation that benefits businesses and when necessary, opposing legislation that unnecessarily inhibits businesses. The Chamber will educate Members and elected officials on key policy issues affecting business.
Ensuring The Voice Of Business
Chamber630 is one of the few Chambers nationwide that proactively meets with local, state and federally elected officials on a regular basis, ensuring the voice of business is heard. We focus on educating Members while fostering economic opportunities, making our advocacy efforts one of the greatest benefits of Membership.
Test of Relevance
Prior to taking a formal position or expending resources, the staff and committee will consider the following questions when addressing issues:
- Does the issue at hand comply with the Committee Purpose and/or Platform of the Chamber?
- Is involvement with the issue cost effective?
- Is involvement with the issue a duplication of effort?
- Is the issue at hand one of relevance to, or origination directly from the Membership?
Legislative Impact Network Committee
Chamber630 seeks to influence legislation and regulation by local, state and federal governments, support legislation that benefits business, and when necessary, oppose legislation that unnecessarily inhibits businesses. Click the gray boxes above to access our Legislative Platform and Test of Relevance.
Legislative Impact Network Committee (LINC) meet on the third Friday of the month from noon -1:30pm at the 2001 Butterfield Road office. Please check the Chamber630.com for the most up to date information. Contact email@example.com or call (630) 968-4050 for further information.
Taxation & Fees
We support and promote a competitive and fair business climate and accountability of all taxing bodies.
We support government, fiscal, insurance and employment policies that make the region, Illinois and the United States more competitive. Supported strategies include:
- Pension Reform.
- True Workers’ Compensation Reform.
- A halt of unfunded mandates including medical, educational and business.
Workforce Practices and Policies
We support and promote a competitive workforce environment. Supported strategies include:
- Wage levels driven by the market and a reasonable minimum wage set by the federal government, keeping our region on par with competing states.
- Maintaining the principles of workplace democracy and fairness.
- Making healthcare more affordable for both employers and employees.
Economic Development and Entrepreneurship
We support and foster the coordination and partnership of local, regional, state and federal efforts for economic development and entrepreneurship in the region. Supported strategies include:
- The fundamental concept of a public-private partnership focused on economic development for Illinois consistent with the language presented in the Governor’s plan addressing economic growth in Illinois.
We support and promote improvements of existing transportation networks and emerging technologies that will meet the future needs of business success. Supported strategy includes:
- A comprehensive transportation infrastructure plan.
We support and promote an education system that produces and sustains an innovative and qualified workforce that maintains high expectations, global standards and accountability. Supported strategy includes:
- Local control of financing our schools.
- Policies and initiatives through which future workers are given the skills necessary for life-long employability.
We support and promote innovation for investing in research, development and technology. Supported strategy includes:
- Government and business development policies and procedures that improve and maximize use of modern communications and electronic information services.
We support economically viable regulation that fosters sustainability and green practices. Supported strategy includes:
- Streamlined and simplified environmental rules and regulations that offer maximum operational flexibility, reduced administrative burden and expense and do not hinder economic development and job creation.
- Voluntary environmental management programs.
We support and promote transformation of the civil justice system. Supported strategies include:
- Lasting medical malpractice reform including caps on non-economic damages, the option of paying malpractice awards over time, qualification standards for expert witnesses and emergency room liability standards.
- Elimination of inducements to file frivolous lawsuits and inflate insurance premiums.
- Reduction of encumbrances to economic development and job creation.