Chamber630 is a results oriented organization, proactively assessing Members’ needs, collaborating and resolving issues impacting Member businesses. Chamber630 seeks to influence legislation and regulation by local, state and federal governments in a proactive manner, supporting legislation that benefits businesses and when necessary, opposing legislation that unnecessarily inhibits businesses. The Chamber will educate Members and elected officials on key policy issues affecting business.
Ensuring The Voice Of BusinessChamber630 is one of the few Chambers that proactively meet with local, state and federally elected officials on a regular basis, ensuring the voice of business is heard. We focus on educating Members while fostering economic opportunities, making our advocacy efforts one of the greatest benefits of Membership.
Test of RelevancePrior to taking a formal position or expending resources, the staff and committee will consider the following questions when addressing issues:
- Does the issue at hand comply with the Committee Purpose and/or Platform of the Chamber?
- Is involvement with the issue cost effective?
- Is involvement with the issue a duplication of effort?
- Is the issue at hand one of relevance to, or origination directly from the Membership?
Legislative Impact Network CommitteeChamber630 seeks to influence legislation and regulation by local, state and federal governments, support legislation that benefits business, and when necessary, oppose legislation that unnecessarily inhibits businesses. Click the gray boxes above to access our Legislative Platform and Test of Relevance.Meetings
Legislative Impact Network Committee (LINC) meet on the third Friday of the month from noon -1:30pm at the 2001 Butterfield Road office. Please check the Chamber630.com for the most up to date information. Contact email@example.com or call (630) 968-4050 for further information.VIEW MEMBERS
Taxation & Fees
We support and promote a competitive and fair business climate and accountability of all taxing bodies.
We support sound governmental policies. Supported strategies include:
- Pension Reform on the state and local level.
- Comprehensive Workers’ Compensation Reform.
- Halting unfunded medical, educational, and business mandates
- Eliminating unnecessary and burdensome regulations and laws.
Workforce Practices and Policies
We support and promote a competitive workforce environment. Supported strategies include:
- Wage levels driven by the marketplace and a reasonable minimum wage that ensures our region is competitive with neighboring states.
- Maintaining the principles of workplace democracy and fairness.
- Making healthcare more affordable for both employers and employees and the self employed.
Economic Development and Entrepreneurship
We support and foster efforts by the local, regional, state and federal governments to coordinate and partner or economic development and entrepreneurship in the region. Supported strategies include:
- A public-private partnership focused on economic development.
- Intergovernmental cooperation and communication on economic development issues.
- Incentives for investing in research, infrastructure , and the development and advancement of technology.
We support and promote improving existing transportation networks and emerging technologies. Supported strategy includes:
- A comprehensive and responsible transportation infrastructure plan.
- Providing access to a safe, cost-effective and reliable infrastructure that will support a stable flow of goods and services.
- Taxes and fees on State infrastructure should promote these aforementioned goals.
We support and promote an education system that produces and sustains an innovative and qualified workforce that maintains high expectations, global standards and accountability. Supported strategy includes:
- Local control of financing our schools.
- Policies and initiatives through which future workers are given the skills necessary for life-long employability.
- Increased efficiencies and effectiveness in educational systems.
- Education curriculums that include increased technology and vocational training.
We support and promote innovation for investing in research and development, and in technology.
Supported strategy includes:
- Creating and fostering innovative partnerships between the public and private sectors to support early stage businesses
- Creating and fostering the environment to develop technology incubator business programs.
- Connecting young technology companies with funding sources to help their businesses grow and thrive
- Public and private sectors developing policies and procedures that improve and maximize the use of modern communications and electronic information services.
We support economically viable regulation that fosters sustainability and green practices. Supported strategy includes:
- Streamlined and simplified environmental rules and regulations that offer maximum operational flexibility, reduced administrative burden and expense and do not hinder economic development and job creation.
- Voluntary environmental management programs.
We support and promote transforming the civil justice system. Supported strategies include:
- Lasting medical malpractice reform including caps on non-economic damages, the option of paying malpractice awards over time, qualification standards for expert witnesses and emergency room liability standards.
- Eliminating inducements to file frivolous lawsuits and inflate insurance premiums.