Yonan Floor Coverings (Carpet One)
In 1906, 30-year-old Samuel M. Yonan arrived in Chicago from Persia. All he brought with him was his family, several rugs and the American dream. Shortly thereafter, he opened the first Yonan Carpets at 1127 North State Street in Chicago, where he sold and cleaned Oriental rugs. His motto was to provide the best value by offering excellent products and services at a fair price.
In the early 1900s, Samuel Yonan’s thriving business served many of the mansions along Lake Shore Drive. Their high-quality rugs and cleaning services enhanced these homes’ elegance and splendor.
Now in its fourth generation, Yonan Carpet One delivers the same high quality today as it did in 1906. This is the reason why Yonan Carpet One is the oldest floor covering store in Chicagoland. And when you visit either store location, you’ll find Samuel M. Yonan’s legacy of value living on today.
“As one of the Tribune’s valued contractors, you play an important role in our success. Thank you for being among the Tribune’s top contractors as we celebrate 150 years.”
– John W. Madigan, Chairman, President & CEO, Chicago Tribune
“It has been a pleasure to work with your staff. We at the University of Chicago find that your wide range of carpet and your many selections make our job so much easier. Timely service and quality workmanship is a plus. Many thanks to all.”
– David Hipp, Trade Coordinator, University of Chicago
Yonan Carpet One is pleased to provide our clients with carpet recycling services. Our carpet recycling service keeps your old carpet out of landfills, allowing it to be converted into raw materials used in the manufacturing of everyday consumer products.
Once you schedule your new carpet installation, Yonan will take care of the rest. After installing your new carpet, your old carpet will be hauled off to our recycling center in Addison, IL.
Did you know?
- Americans throw away enough carpet to fill Chicago’s Soldier Field well over 1,000 times each year.
- If you recycle just 100 yards of carpet you will save 1.1 cubic yards of landfill space, keep 937.5 lbs of CO2 out of the atmosphere, and save 570 gallons of water.
- For every 10 million pounds of carpet recycled, 50,000 cubic yards of landfill space are saved.