Beginning September 11, the Illinois Department of Revenue’s MyTax Illinois will become Illinois employers’ most convenient option for filing unemployment insurance monthly wage reports, quarterly unemployment insurance reports, and for making contribution payments. The transition is a joint effort between the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) and the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) to simplify the tax experience for both new and existing Illinois employers.
Some of the benefits employers can expect to see include the ability to:
- Register a new business with IDES and IDOR in one secure location;
- Save time completing and mailing paper reports by filing wage reports and paying unemployment contributions electronically;
- Make changes to account information quickly and easily;
- Get immediate online confirmation that reports and payments have been received and processed timely;
- View IDES and IDOR correspondence, account balances and other documents through a secure message center; and
- File UI-3/40 reports, make payments and report quarterly zero wages online.
The Chamber applauds the two agencies for cutting through the bureaucracy to bring something of great value to the Illinois business community.
For more information on MyTax Illinois, please visit: mytax.illinois.gov. Employer questions regarding MyTax Illinois may be directed to the IDOR Telephone Assistance Hot Line: 1-800-732-8866.
For more information you may attend a no cost luncheon sponsored by Choose DuPage and Chamber630 on September 19th. To RSVP click here.